Living a Paleo lifestyle focuses on eating real, whole foods and eliminating grains. This can be a challenge for most people because…hellooo…pizza.
But after the hurdle of eliminating junk food comes the growing pains of giving up non-Paleo healthy options such as rice, bulgur, buckwheat, quinoa. (Yup, they’re not Paleo).
I know you’re thinking…WTF are you supposed to eat now? The answer is cauliflower rice. And lots of it. (Seriously, it’s the answer to SO MANY of your #PaleoProblems). Burrito bowl? No problem. Stir fry? You got it. Sushi? Yep!
Making cauliflower rice is super, super easy. Even you beautiful people who don’t have basic knife skills down pat – there’s good news! More and more grocery stores are making a big push for pre-riced cauliflower, so you don’t have to do any of the work.
I was so excited when my local Wegman’s started carrying riced cauliflower in their produce section. Even though I don’t buy it because I like making my own, I think it’s a great way to introduce this way of eating cauliflower to those who are new to it.
If chopping up a head of cauliflower isn’t your thing, don’t worry, this recipe isn’t off-limits to you. Just look around your local Trader Joe’s, Wegman’s, or even ShopRite for pre-riced cauliflower in their produce section! I haven’t seen it yet in Whole Foods, but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time.
What You Will Need:
- 1 head of cauliflower, (riced)
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, (diced)
- 3 bunches flat-leaf parsley, (chopped)
- 1 bunch green onions, (finely chopped)
- 1 cucumber, (peeled, finely diced)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt/sea salt
- a touch of cracked pepper
- Mix all ingredients above in bowl, serve immediately.
Easy enough, right??