You will need:
- 1 lb organic chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 whole onions (I used purple onions)
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 whole tomato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 200 mL coconut milk, thick (Preferably Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 head broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- Start out by organizing all ingredients on the counter so that everything is in reach when you need it. (Trust me, it will make this all the more easy on you!)
- Rinse and slice the chicken breasts, place in a bowl and put to the side.
- Rinse and pat dry onions, dice into cubes.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic and chop finely (do not mince).
- On a medium flame, heat coconut oil in a pan. Add onions and fry until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, and curry. Stir over flame for one minute.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin, black pepper and chili powder. Stir and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add peeled and cubed tomato. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Bring the bowl of sliced chicken into the pan. Mix well. Let the chicken cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a cup of filtered water to the pan and cover. Let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- While the chicken is simmering for 20-25 minutes, take your cleaned broccoli and cauliflower florets and steam in a separate pot. Once done steaming, drain broccoli and cauliflower and place in a serving dish. Your chicken curry will be served on top of this.
- Once the chicken curry has cooked for 20-25 minutes, lower the flame and add coconut milk. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken curry from flame and add to your steamed broccoli/cauliflower serving dish. Mix well and serve immediately.
*This recipe is Paleo, Gluten-Free, and Sugar-Free.